Ventura County Dart Association
10 Commandments of Score-Keeping
- Thou shall always face forward, at an angle to best view the dartboard, when possible.
- Thou shall not step in the alley before all darts are thrown, unless asked to check a thrown dart’s position.
- Thou shall always project a fair and neutral disposition when scoring.
- Thou shall not coach or suggest a combination to throw.
- Thou shall refrain from making any noises or speak during a throw unless asked a question by the shooter.
- Thou shall not move or fidget when shooter is at the oche.
- Thou shall not move thy head or look away from the board during a player’s throw. Never face or look at the shooter during their turn.
- Thou shall not eat, drink or smoke when keeping score.
- Thou shall not carry on a conversation when keeping score.
- Thou shall not complain or argue if asked to be replaced.